22 February 2011

Contact Check Passed

I passed my contact stage checkride today even though I flew terribly. After waking up to low ceilings and IFR forecasts, our IP decided to press. We had to wait an hour past our takeoff time to get an aircraft...that was broken. Typical checkride day. It wouldn't start because the battery was so low. Maintenance hooked us up to a power cart and we made it happen. THe highwork wasn't terrible, but my stall of all things went badly the first time, so the IP had me fly it again. The pattern work was decent, including the no-flap landing until I got a simulated fire and had to go around because I forgot to lower the gear until the turn to final. I just planted the last one on the runway before we switched seats and the other guy flew his patterns. I was working myself into a hole, but evidently I was safe enough that we both got to solo. Always fun without an IP in the cockpit. It was just 3 landings, but a solo's a solo. Good to have the checkride out of the way no matter how I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment