30 September 2011

Full Crew

The past three days have been WST sims with full crews, including Loadmasters, a Flight Engineer, and yesterday even a Nav. It's a little crazy at first, having so many people in the cockpit responding to checklists, but it's pretty cool when it all comes together. I think I've been improving over the past couple days. My approaches have been more consistent, and I even remembered to turn off the landing lights at the same time I put the gear up yesterday. We did a Combat Offload yesterday, where you run up the engines, hold the brakes, and then let them go, taxiing right out from under the cargo load. The loadmasters had been so bored the past couple days, just watching us fly and responding to the occasional checklist, so I'm sure the combat offload was more memorable for them. They do a lot more with that procedure as you can probably imagine. Yesterday's sim was a flight from Colorado Springs to Alamosa, CO. Flying in mountainous terrain makes you pay a lot more attention to terrain clearance, so it was good to have a Nav. Looking forward to doing the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment