Finally got some stick time on Friday. I was a little nervous beforehand. I was actually going to fly the C-130 for the first time, but the flight went pretty well. The crew made fun of me for taxiing so slow. In my book that means something is going right, because it means at least there's nothing more critical to correct. The IP did acknowledge that it's much better to grow gray hairs while waiting to pull into parking than having a student taxiing at 40 knots. The FE said he thought my landings would be worse, which is also a flightline complement I think. It was the most fun I've had in awhile anyway.
Today I got a vis route, which is a lot more interesting than flying form up high in the weather. I made a bunch of dumb mistakes, so I definitely have things to work on. Tomorrow I'm switching to the night schedule. Night airdrops should make for good stories.
Those are funny compliments--made me lolz!! =) We sure are excited for you! Thanks for keeping us informed. We always look forward to your posts. xo
ReplyDelete