23 April 2010

Much better week

So this week was much improved over last. I had my first instrument sortie yesterday, and the unpredictable North Texas weather provided actual instrument conditions. It's a great feeling driving through the clouds and breaking out on a final approach with the runway in sight, positioned for a landing. Flying from the back cockpit was really weird though. I don't like it, but the visibility is better everywhere except toward the front.

Today's instrument sim did not go very well, but it showed me exactly what I need to work on.

I had another advanced contact ride today. I improved my aerobatics and landed in a nasty crosswind. Mongolian grill tonight with the dudes before a weekend of relaxing/studying. I made it another week!

1 comment:

  1. "The difference between men who succeed or fail is their ability to handle pressure."
    -Edwin Louis Cole

    I thought twice about posting this quote, but then realized you'd take it in the spirit intended. We're praying for great ability for you!

    ReplyDelete