20 April 2010

The past week

I like to keep it mostly positive on this blog, but the past week has not been cooperative. My gradebook looks like a bloody mess. It has a line of 5 red boxes filled with U's along the top. Today however, I got a G. I passed my elimination checkride. It came down to one ride. I was reminded of a quote, "The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail." Though not entirely accurate, since my fate is in God's hands, I felt myself in quite the precarious position. After failing my Initial Progress Check on Thursday, a weekend of soul searching left me better prepared to take on the challenges ahead and not let them ruin my life on a daily basis. I realized that's what was happening. I was unable to enjoy the fact that I was living the dream. The pressure was getting to me. I'm done with that. All I have is the next flight. I'll make it better than the one before. For any number of reasons my next flight could always be my last. An elimination checkride does not change that. Thankfully I passed today. I'll have some good rides, I'll have some bad rides. I'll have more setbacks, but that won't be the end.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you. That means so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At ATF, Jylle muttered "Proverbs 16:3..." in her sleep. I looked it up in the morning: Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Clearly, your success in this is in His plan, and we're thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete