14 February 2011

Much better

I flew much better today. I cleaned up everything in my gradebook, but I messed up the break entry to the pattern. We waited for an hour to fly, but eventually got a plane. It was going to be a 3-student sortie, but daylight left wouldn't allow for two contacts to go. My wingman got sent home, so I could catch up. He was one ride ahead of me. We flew the highwork, I took all the IP's techniques and advice to heart for this flight and it served me well. The stall, ditching, and engine cut all went fine. We headed back to the aux field and all the SSE stuff was within limits. In an effort to not get slow on SSE landings I was carrying a little extra power on touchdown, which we fixed as well. On the RTB I was didn't get the flaps and gear down quick enough so we were still high on downwind at the perch. I'll fix that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Everything sounds great!

    Except the words 'stall' and 'engine cut'. Mamas don't care for those and 'plane' in the same paragraph...

    Praying for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I could see that, thank you.

    ReplyDelete