30 September 2011
Malfunctions
Today's CPT was all about malfunctions. We had starting malfunctions while starting the engines, takeoff malfunctions, and a few in-flight issues with the engine temp control system. On landing, the instructor showed us what it looks like when one of the props doesn't come out of the flight mode. Variable pitch props change their angle depending on power setting and the current phase of flight. If a prop doesn't change its angle when the aircraft lands it can lead to control problems, so we train for that possibility.
It was our last day with the IP we've had all week. While he was demanding and had higher standards, I eventually found he was a good instructor and learned quite a bit. He liked to tell old war stories, and we heard several about his trips from Yokota to Clark back in the early days of the C-130. I'm interested to find out what next week will be like. I'm working Sunday through Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cool guy--I love stories! And Clark--cool again!! Thanks for sharing that!
ReplyDelete