29 November 2011
Formation Airdrop Sim
On Monday I had my first and only Day Visual Formation Sim (as opposed to nighttime on NVGs). As wing it was fairly straightforward. Just had to help the pilot with SA in regard to where lead would probably fly next, the time status to the target (early or late), and double check all the Nav's instructions for the pilot against my map. We simulated dropping heavy equipment, and then I flew the route. I also got to fly an overhead and a downwind recovery. I performed copilot duties for max effort landings as well. Max efforts are for landing on really short runways way out in the sticks. You have to be really slow in order to stop on a really short runway. The max effort takeoff, I found, is one of the most amazing capabilities of the aircraft. I've been doing some pretty cool stuff lately, and it's just in the sim. Can't wait to go fly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Off you go into the wild blue yonder! Keep up the great work.
ReplyDelete