For the past two weeks we've had nothing but academics. That's why I haven't posted anything new. It's hard to write about someone talking to you for hours, let alone read about it. Today, though, we finally started the application of what we've been learning about - the C-130's mission of flying around at low altitudes hauling cargo or personnel and dropping it/them out the back right where the user needs them (hopefully). So, today we flew a low-level mission. I was the copilot, since most of this training with be almost exclusively in the right seat, and we had a nav and a flight engineer. My IP sat in the left seat and flew most of the mission. We simulated dropping heavy equipment, and CDS (containerized delivery system) bundles. With a nav on-board, I actually felt like my workload really wasn't that bad. The copilot gets to flip the switches and push the buttons that make stuff actually fall out the back, so that's fun, but the nav does a lot of the map reading and turn point briefing that I no longer have to do. Overall, I felt prepared, but always have things to study.
After the debrief my IP showed me a picture of the aircraft that he owns and explained a little about aircraft owner maintenance, annual inspections, and other little things about owning your own plane. Maybe someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment