Today after another easy test (let me know if you want to actually know how it went down, funny story) we were finally finished with T-6A systems. On to Flying Fundamentals. We're now learning some techniques for actual aviation, keeping a pitch picture based on cockpit references to the horizon, when to roll out of a turn or level off from a descent/climb, acronyms for in-flight checks, etc. Tomorrow is our first graded sim. It's just running through all the most frequent checklists: before exterior inspection, cockpit preflight, engine start, before taxi check, taxi checklist, overspeed governor, blah blah blah, lineup check, after T/O, climb check, ops check, a couple EPs, descent check, blah blah. I'm writing this as I chairfly in preparation. It's also a chance to demonstrate knowledge/practice the callouts and the challenge and response portions of what we need to know. This is still gonna be in one of the small screen sims. I'm looking forward to using the gigantic wrap-around sims.
Our dollar rides got moved back about a week, because of the weather delays. Lookin' at Mar 8 now.
Had some rosemary potatoes tonight...tasty.
I want to hear anything funny anytime, so do tell.
ReplyDeleteDid you make the potatoes?
What Greek food do you like?
Gigantic screens--like Omnimax?
I can't.
ReplyDeleteYes.
All I've had so far is gyros.
No, they are much smaller, like a personal omnimax that doesn't go up.
You said to let you know if I want to hear how the easy test story went down, so I was asking.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I cannot put that information on this website, because it might look bad to some people. I meant get in contact with me privately. What I should have said is please call me if you want to hear the story. I don't want it in print.
ReplyDelete