25 January 2011

Fam 1

I flew today for the first time in 5 months. It was great to get back in the air. My wingman took off, and did the highwork first (speed change, level turns, and slow flight). We swapped about and hour into it, I did my highwork, then transitioned to the aux field Navy Cabaniss. We broke over the numbers and flew about 10 touch-and-go's. We switched seats again in the landing pattern and my wingman finished up his pattern work and flew back to land at Navy Corpus where we got a downwind entry for the full stop landing. This aircraft seems to be very forgiving in the landing transition. I'm sure the wheel struts are taking a beating, since it's a Navy plane, but hopefully it won't be such a fight to land it well. Good feedback and plenty to work on tomorrow when it'll be my turn to start up and do the takeoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment