18 January 2011
More and varied engine loss EPs
Today's sim was a little rough after a 3 day weekend. All the checklists went fine. We had a few more abnormal start exercises, but both failed to catch the low oil pressure on the right engine during the radios/NAVAIDs check. Aborting a takeoff after losing an engine in this aircraft is challenging since the loss of an engine with takeoff power set turns the dead engine into a speed break and the tendency is for the aircraft to go into a turn right on the runway. We also got engine failure immediately after takeoff today, which is also difficult to control, the tendency is for the aircraft to roll into the dead engine, and at low airspeeds this has very negative consequences. Arresting the roll immediately, as I discovered on my second attempt, gives you much better results. Feels good to go through some of the actual procedures we'll be practicing in the area when we start flying. I almost feel ready to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The whole thing sounds so very complicated to me. I'm glad you know what it's all about! Praying for you.
ReplyDelete