13 March 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday I stepped to 2 different airplanes, but both of them were broken. Both had canopy malfunctions, but we caught the discrepancies in the course of our preflight checks. As I closed the canopy on the first aircraft, my IP couldn't see the mechanical indicator that verifies the canopy is closed, so we didn't take the plane. We stepped to a spare, but as I was closing the canopy on that one, the canopy annunciator extinguished before the canopy was actually closed. Huge red flag! We knew we weren't taking the aircraft right then. We got maintenance up on the wing to take a look. We closed the canopy and reopened it, and the canopy annunciator and master warning didn't even come on. Wow! That's a big deal. Too bad, because it was a beautiful day. Since my IP and I didn't end up flying I got some good experience doing the preflight walkaround and exterior inspection. Getting in the books this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment