17 June 2010

No more hand-drawn maps!

I flew my 4th low-level today, which means I can make the rest of my maps using the computer software we have instead of prepping them by hand. Excellent! For the past couple of rides I've had to draw out the route, mark the towers, emergency airfields and information, intersecting routes, abort altitude, headings, airspeeds, and altitudes for each leg, and timing. It's much easier on the computer, and you can actually read it, which is the best part.

Yesterday my pattern work was decent, but today it was a little sloppy. The crosswinds didn't help either. However comma I rocked my area work with almost no prep. I like that.

Flying low-levels has been really fun. I have 6 more until the check which should be next Friday at this point. Today I sat another recorder tour in the RSU. It was pretty uneventful except for one aircraft that had a suspected bird strike on landing roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment