28 June 2010

Rainy

I woke up at 4:30 this morning for a 5:20 show. It had been storming all night, so the runway was wet and the winds were almost 90 degrees to the runway at about 20 knots, which is out of limits. The first go didn't fly, so we took our EPQ early. I wasn't even on the schedule. I just had a 3 hours spotter tour in the RSU. Nothing too crazy happened, so it was a pretty laid-back day. The combination of rainy morning and my choice of parking location had everyone reminding me that my window was down. It was pretty funny after the 3rd, 4th, and the 99th advisory, and then everyone after them who just reminded me for the fun of it. "Oh, thanks man. It would never have occured to me that my window was down if you hadn't told me. It's not like I'm the one who drove it in to work today, and I just couldn't quite understand what the first six people were trying to say." So just cause I thought it would be even funnier, I put a sign up in the window that said, "I know. It's broken...but thanks."

2 comments: