04 January 2011

Best Christmas Break Yet

On New Year's Eve I asked my lovely girlfriend to marry me, and she said YES! I am now engaged. I know my blog doesn't usually cover my personal life, but this was much too important to exclude. I look forward to writing about our exploits around the world for years to come!

Back to flying...

After an excellent and much-needed Christmas break with my wonderful family and lovely fiancée, I got back to ground school today. We covered the weight-and-balance forms for the T-44 and most of the performance charts in the back of the NATOPS (flight manual).

In the afternoon, my wingman and I signed up for a prof sit in a sim, a time to get to know the switchology of the aircraft and run through checklists. We took the whole 1.5 hours and made some progress, but it still seems daunting. One of the guys who was getting in the sim after us told us it gets much better though, and that it's really not that bad. We'll keep practicing, but hopefully he's right.

1 comment:

  1. You know we're praying for you! It'll come to you; I just know it.

    ReplyDelete