24 March 2011
Just a few more sims
Yesterday's sim was a tough one for me. I didn't fly (sim?) very well, but today made up for it. I maintained the final courses well, never busted the minimum altitudes, and completed the emergency checklists. I was a little fast on final, but there's always something to work on, and you'd rather be fast than slow, especially single engine. Hopefully tomorrow goes the same way. I'm planning another TACAN approach, and ILS, and a PAR. We'll see if they give me a partial panel PAR. Partial panel is where you lose your attitude indicator, so you only know you're straight and level based on the turn needle. I figured it would be smart to get some practice in the sim, because we'll have to do it in the aircraft.
Labels:
ILS,
instruments,
PAR,
partial panel,
SSE,
TACAN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment