02 March 2011

More Night Flying

Tonight we flew more or less the same profile we've been flying for the past couple night flights: an instrument approach followed by night pattern work. I actually got to fly the ILS at the home field with a little coaching from the IP. He gave me a torque setting and I just held the glideslope indicator steady. It was great weather, so I could see the runway, which always helps, but it was still good just to fly an instrument approach after such a long hiatus from instrument flying. The last instrument flight I had was sometime back in June of last year. The pattern work went well and I got to fly a few patterns at International. I really enjoyed just taking in the lights and the night flying environment as I sat in the back while my wingman took his turn flying. Looking forward to instruments!

No comments:

Post a Comment