24 June 2010
FORMATION...WOOOO!
I went into the day thinking I'd fly low-level and went out realized I'd flown formation. After giving the morning brief in which I relayed to everyone how the bird hazard was out of limits for flying low-levels, the IPs rolled another guy and me to flying our first formation rides. We had about 30 minutes notice before brief time. Standard. I definitely looking forward to it though, and with good reason. It was a ton of fun. Really way different than any other flying we've done so far. It's pretty crazy being so close to another aircraft, but so awesome. The weather was great too. We had some great cumulus clouds to fly around as each of us were struggling to stay in position. It's really difficult, but I feel like I got a much better feel for the way it works now. On the way back in, we flew straight through a isolated rain shower approaching the runway. That was new too. Great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like Thunderbird training to us, but you'd probably say it's nothing close. Sounds awfully exciting though!!
ReplyDelete