26 March 2011

Full Saturday

Yesterday's sim went just ok. It would have been good, but I lost SA doing a fix-to-fix and my copilot turned the wrong direction to start an approach. It's still totally my fault, because I was the pilot, as it should be. I let him do it, and didn't have enough presence of mind to correct it. Besides that episode, the approaches and events went well. I only have an EP sim and a low-level sim to finish before I'm UPT sim-complete.

Right before the sim last night, I got a call telling me to be ready to go for an out-and-back this morning at 9:15. I ended up going, so I showed up and briefed the first two flights. We ended up going to Houston. I shot a couple approaches on the way up at Palacious. It was a good intro to the block. I didn't screw up anything too major, besides getting a little slow single-engine on a couple approaches. We stopped to get gas and food at David Wayne Hooks Memorial Airport, one of Houston's GA airports. I got a shirt for $1 and my meal cost the same. I like this job.

Hopefully next weekend I will be on cross-country. I have the mid-stage instrument check on Thursday.

1 comment: