09 March 2011

Long day

To clarify, this was a long day compared to the days I have recently had since beginning Navy pilot training.

I had to do two instrument sims today. Where previously I have had the best instructors, today I got those that were less so. On top of that, I screwed up a number of things that were pretty elementary, some of them as copilot which reflects very badly upon the current pilot flying. It's making mistakes and having them end up on someone else's gradesheet. Not a good feeling.

I flew an ILS, a PAR, and an ASR in the first sim, which were fairly solid, but my ILS, localizer, and localizer back course approaches in the second sim were sub par - lots of S-turning and chasing the CDI. Ugly.

One of those days. Tomorrow is new.

2 comments:

  1. Like my dad used to tell me, you got your bad one out of the way. It's all up from here.

    Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete